[RC] easy to follow horse trails in central/southern Illinois? - Cindy Stafford

Hi - we're trying to find a good park to camp and ride at one of these upcoming weekends.  WAs looking at parks that we had been to rides at, but was curious if the trails are hard to follow if you aren't familiar with them.

The ones we were thinking about were Panther Creek State Park and Stephen Forbes State Park in ILlinois  Are the trails easy to follow?  Where would they rate on the 'risk of getting lost' scale :)?  We've only been there when they've been marked for rides.

Any other suggestions?  Looking for flat or gently rolling type trails, and parks that are within 3 hrs of St. Louis area.  thanks!

Cindy