[RC] Getting close to "full" at the Allegany Shut Up and Ride (9/6/08, NE Region) - Patti Stedman

Hey everyone.

I am just so unbelievably tickled to hear what a great success the new Highlands ride was in VA.  A great location right smack between the NE and SE regions and within striking distance of the MW, and it is always fantastic to hear that new rides are up and going and successful and hopefully going to be around for a long, long time.  Many congrats and kudos to the entire team that put it together!  :-)

That said, those of you dusting yourselves off and still chowing Advil as a matter of recovery, if you're finding your horses are suitably recovered for another ride, take note that the Allegany Shut Up and Ride (30/55/75) in SWNY on September 6th has room for perhaps a handful more entries/rigs.

So if you are feeling up for it and want in, please drop me an email at procompsvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and get your entry in pronto so I can get you confirmed for the ride.

Am grateful to let everyone know that the 75 is filling incredibly well, and I have fifteen entries in hand with another couple promised and/or "check is in the mail" status.  So the adage, if you sanction it they will come, is holding true for us.

Allegany State Park is located in Salamanca, NY, within spitting distance of NW PA, a couple of hours from the Cleveland area, and fairly easy to reach from points south and east and west.  The trails are challenging, with lots of elevation change, but forgiving terrain and footing and variety, and well (bragging here), they are BEAUTIFUL.

We've secured MUSIC in the form of a musical duet for our traditional post-ride-and-this-year-watch-the-75s-finish campfire so I've got my fingers crossed extra hard for a dry and crisp evening to enjoy it.

So pack your dancing shoes, float me an entry or an email --I've GOT to know you're coming, our camp is too small to accommodate a "just show up" policy-- and well, as the ride title says, tack up and SHUT UP AND RIDE!

--Patti Stedman, Ride Manager

Patti Ann Stedman, CHMM
Proactive Compliance Services Inc.
"A Common Sense Approach to Health, Safety and Environmental Training and Compliance"
716 560 8297