Re: [RC] how did you find your horse? - Dawn Carrie

I found my two current horses different ways.  One, my CMK gelding Sundance, I found initially by searching for CMK breeders on the internet...one had a big sales list, and the only horse sold at that point was the one I liked best, based on one pic and his pedigree.  Eight months later I found him listed on endurance.net (owner had lost her job) and snapped him up.  He's every bit the athlete his pedigree says he should be.  He'll be 8 next month.

My other horse (Bear) was kind of a fluke...I wasn't even shopping.  I was borrowing a friend's horse, waiting for the CMK gelding to grow up (he was just shy of 3 when I bought him).  The friend had another gelding she was trying to sell.  I wasn't interested...I'm not into Egyptian horses.  He was almost straight Egyptian.  He was very green and spooky, a few months shy of 6 yrs old.  I offered to take him home and put some trail miles on him to settle him down and make him more marketable.  He moved kinda nice.  Ok, so he moved real nice.  He kinda liked the trails.  Actually, he really liked the trails.  He was nice and forward.  Nice trot.  Smooth canter.  Didn't have that nice big deep hip I like, but an adequate one, and the boy could go down the trail.  Nice personality.  Good legs.  Sensible, not a dingbat.  He was 14.3 1/2h, so not too tall, a nice height (I like 'em short).  I started to like him, and didn't take long till I REALLY liked him.  She made me an offer I couldn't refuse, but I did refuse, but my husband told me I needed to buy him (I love this man!), so I did.  Oh...and then the damn horse grew 2 inches in the next 10 months!!!  I still tease my friend that I want my money back.  <G>  He's turned out ok...awesome metabolics, has done 3 100s, etc.  :)  Except for that height thing...

Dawn Carrie, Texas