Re: [RC] Disqualified - Elizabeth Walker

No .. I didn't mean "rider packs up and goes home", or "rider fails to present". I meant "horse won't stand still for the vet to check him out".

I agree that "most" horses learn to conserve their energy, but not all. My old boy Shadow was pretty good .. "most" of the time, but back in the day .... there was one LD where we got a completion, even though he was so wired at the end of it that he would not stand still for the vet. One of the the vet secretaries -- a really, really huge fellow -- tried to anchor him by the halter, which caused him to rear, and take the guy with him. The vet just gave up and said "he's not tired ... pass". That would have been justification for giving a DQ. He could have said - bring him back when he will stand for the exam, and if he didn't settle down within the time limit ... DQ.