[RC] Swanton Pacific - Barbara McCrary

Here it is, a week or so later than my last meltdown about limited parking at vet checks.  We have analyzed the parking situation at the two 1-hour vet checks and have found that 1) the park had enlarged the parking area by a bit, and 2) we found an empty field for parking and a better way to bring the horses in so they no longer go through the residential area.  I'll bet the ranger's family will be happy about that!
So....we will not have to do crew limitations after all.  We will have parking marshals helping people conserve space, however.  At Bloomquist Flat, please park PERPENDICULAR to the bumper edges, not parallel  Don't sprawl and we will have enough room.  As usual, we will provide horse rescue, so no other trailers should be taken to the vet checks except for the drag riders' trailers.
Things are shaping up well, and we have about 115 riders in both distances.
The weather has been lovely...warm, but not TOO warm, and the moon is waxing.  Let's hope the weather stays this way through the weekend.

Barbara McCrary
Ride Mgr., Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The Most Beautiful Trail in the World"