[RC] An apology, and an invitation! - Jay Randle

Hi All

Today is the 11th August (in Australia)!  I arrived home from the USA on 14th March!  That's FIVE  months ago!  And, although the past five months here at home has just been one huge BLUR of activity, the one month I spent in the USA in February/March this year is still CRYSTAL CLEAR in my minds eye!!!

And I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN IN TOUCH FOR THE PAST FIVE MONTHS!

In fact, I can hardly believe that it is 5 months!  Where has the time gone??  And how rude am I?

So, the problem is that I am feeling disgusted with myself for just 'dropping off' the face of the earth, and not communicating with most of the dear friends I met in the US.  Please forgive me for my rudeness.

While I'm in 'confession' mode, I'd like to thank the powers that be that I (and my small travelling group) was able to meet some absolutely FANTASTIC people that we will never forget!

Kim Fuess
Kat Swigart
Dovie and Bob Pickering
Roger Rittenhouse
Bruce Weary
Dave Nicholson
Bruce Burnham (the legend)
Chris Anton
D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson
Jackie Bumgartner
Barbara McCrary
Becky Hackworth
Charisse Glen
Kirt Lander
John Crandell III
Merri Melde
Kathie Ford
Kathy Sherman
Kristi & Keith Kesick
Mike Maul
Susan Garlinghouse
Lynne Glazer
Naomi Preston

...... and HEAPS of other lovely people.... in fact, just too many to mention!

Life back home here has been a bit hectic with the aftermath of the Equine Influenza epidemic.  Our horses all had an enforced 5-6 month break (which was VERY good for them!), so it was a chore to get them all back up to their previous fitness level.  Our endurance ride season took a bit of a battering early in the year, but has gone from strength to strength since then.

I currently have 26 horses in work, with our big ride, the Tom Quilty Gold Cup rapidly approaching.  We were all very sad to hear that the Tevis was cancelled this year, and sorry to see so much devastation from the fires in Nth CA.  So, my main message to you all is an open invitation to ride the Quilty this year instead!

Kim Fuess....... I have a horse in preparation for you!

Anyone else wanna ride??  The Quilty course, unlike the Tevis, rotates around our states each year, and this year it is to be held at Nanango, Queensland, which is about a 2 hour drive from Splendacrest.

If you are interested, you need to investigate flights into Brisbane, arriving on or before 15th September.  Splendacrest is a 2 hour drive west from the Brisbane airport, and there is plenty of reasonable hotel accommodation in Toowoomba (our nearest town).  I would propose that you come to Splendacrest to meet your horse, and to have a couple of rides, and then we will all travel to Nanango on Thursday 18th September.  There is hotel accommodation in Nanango, or I am able to arrange camping accommodation at the ride base.

Pre-ride Vetting is on Friday 19th, with the 100 mile Tom Quilty ride commencing at 4am on Saturday 20th September.

I can round up about 4 or 5 horses....... so first in, best mounted!!!!!  The cut-off date for nominations for the ride is Friday 29th August, so I need to know that you are definite prior to this date.

Please let me know if you are interested in this proposal........ we are all very keen to meet and greet you!!!!

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

"If you want control, get a remote!"

with mobile Hotmail SMS alerts? Win a Nokia E51