[RC] Barefoot, then shoeing for E-rides only - sherman

I know riders who do this, but they don’t go to “lots” of rides. I believe the reason for it is that their horse’s hooves get out of balance or start to flare when left in shoes, so it pays to get them off as soon as the 50 or 100 is done. Then the sole and hoof structures also don’t lose their barefoot toughness. I would do that myself instead of booting, but my horse hates the nails being driven in. Did I say I was wimpy about hurting horses? He lets me hammer on his hooves, hammer with a shoe between his hoof and the hammer, just can’t deal with the nail, so I figure it must be uncomfortable, right?   So, no shoes for Sonny, I deal with the boots and foam and trying to line the gaiters so my boy can be happy.

Kathy