RE: [RC] barefoot - Karen Standefer

In my opinion and personal experience, people who have extremist attitudes and opinions rarely make good management and horsemanship decisions because they don’t/can’t include all of the “tools” available to other horsemen/women in their repertoire.  They can only work around those limitations dictated by their extreme belief system.  Therefore, if the horse needs shoes to do their job comfortably and successfully, barefooters can’t/won’t give that to them.   Subsequently, in my opinion, they are limiting their horsemanship and management skills because what the horse REALLY needs is outside of the available options due to their commitment to barefoot at all costs.

Karen

S. Oregon

Referenced Post:

Being successful at doing rides barefoot requires better management and horsemanship than riding a shod horse.  Most folks don't care to embrace that committment which includes training, trimming, diet and environment.