[RC] Trailering loose? Standing wraps? - vccfarms

I know many of you have opinions on this so let's have them all please.

Next week I will be trailering across country, 4 days 12 hours per day from 12 midnight to 12 noon, stopping every 2 hours for 10 to 20 minutes and "overnight" where they can get out.

My 3 horse gooseneck with the dividers removed will easily accommodate my small arabs.  The vet just drew blood for the coggins and is writing up my Health Certs.  When he left he said to leave the horses untied and use standing wraps.

With them all loose I worry about them knocking the wraps off.  They typically all trailer very well.

So the questions for you are:

1. Is leaving them loose a good idea, as it is now open, like a stock trailer?

2. Should I use standing wraps on them?

3. Do I wrap all four legs?

4. Are Polo wraps, Professional Choice boots or quilted pillow wraps with non stretch warps ok to use?  Is one better?

Mark