[RC] [RC] feeling depressed about underrun heels.... - Rick Jackson

My wife's mare has had some low heel issues since we got her over 2 years ago. She finally got the xays done and after a consultation with the vet, farrier, a barefoot trimmer and my wife, everyone was finally on the same page! All working with a well laid out plan of action we are finally correcting instead of compensating. $2000 later OMG! But it is worth every cent for a healthier horse and an extended life/career.
I hope you can get your farrier and vet working together for the health of your horse. Our farrier sure learned alot from looking at the xrays and watching the trimmer. We are fortunate to have a farrier that doesnt think he knows it all and is humble enough to learn. He will be one of the great ones!

Rick
As for me and my horse, we shall serve the Lord. Gallopin' 2:4