[RC] VT 100 weather - Greenall

This from a runner, I guess he was really, really tired!

During the running of this weekend Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run, an epic
thunderstorm took over parts of the course, but especially the Start/Finish
area.
There is speculation that Silver HIll MEadow experienced what is known as a
Down Burst, (sudden down rush of wind accompanied by a thunderstorm often
mistaken as a tornado). As the wind blew at Silver Hill, I heard reports
that the stakes holding down the big white tent were actually being pulled
from the ground, the sides of the tent ripped open and papers and computers
were getting wet.

Meanwhile, higher up in the meadow, the winds blew so hard that many of us
runners tents were blown clear across the meadow a few hundred yards and
towards the treeline of the woods.

My tent has carbon fiber tent poles. The wind blew so hard that one of my
poles actually snapped in half. When I got back to my tent after finishing
the race, I got into it anyway despite it being broken laying with half the
tent on my head and a puddle of water under me.

John and Sue Greenall

?