[RC] re: BigHorn 100 - Cindy Collins

Hi.  I wasn't there, though I did mark the section of the trail through the canyons.  Unfortunately, I dropped my gelding in a bog while marking (and so marked around to a different spot for the riders) and he'll need some time off.   I don't know all the details on the ride, but will send them when I do.  I talked with Dorothy Sue Phillips.  I know that 26 started and 25 finished the 100 miler.  I think that Christoph Schork won.  He brought 8 riders and I think they all finished, including two riders from Dubai and one Aussie.  I think Dian was in the top 3.  Other finishers included Dave Brazelton on Dorothy Sue's mare.  Other finishers included Kerry Greer, Marirose Six, Debbie Parons (FL), Tennesse Mahoney, someone from Texas (DS couldn't recall her name), and Bev Gibbs (who is somewhere out there with a broken down truck getting repairs).  I think that Pam and Chuck Stalley's daughters both finished, but not positive.

I don't know quite as much about the 50 miler, except that Sue Lyke was 4th and BC.  I know that Lisa Cook and Bryla Jones were 2nd and 3rd.

So, as soon as I find out more, I'll post it or maybe someone who was there will post by then.  I think the winning time in the 100 was around 13-14 hours.

Cindy Collins