Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6086 Tevis - Chipnml

I woke up around 5am Saturday morning thinking "Well, if I'd been at Tevis as planned, we'd be right in the middle of getting our riders off and breaking camp in a frenzy in order to get on the road right away..."  THIS morning (Sunday) I was thinking of sitting there at the finish line wrapped in sleeping bags and straining our eyes as each rider came in to see if they had that special item (blue glow sticks, white vest, etc) that made them recognizable to their crew.  Listening to the numbers being called out of riders who'd left Francisco's or Upper Quarry....then trying to remember our riders' numbers.  I think that's my favorite part of crewing at Tevis.  Everyone's been up for at least 24 hours by that time and we're all a little goofy, and either having a pretty jolly time, or just conked out on the grass.

The two people I was going to crew for--Debbie Parsons from Florida and Bonnie Mielke from Wisconsin--ended up going to Bighorn.  Has anyone heard results from there?

Chip