[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Abu Dhabi: Ladies endurance ride receivestremendous... - Merri

Gulfnews.com

By M. Satya Narayan, Staff Reporter
Published: January 16, 2008, 00:43

Abu Dhabi: The First Round of the Dr. Shaikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Challenge endurance competition has attracted over 35 entries and with Hydra Properties lending its support this event for lady riders has received a tremendous boost.

Shaikha Hessa Bint Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Shaikha Madiya Hasher Mana Al Maktoum, Shaikha Maryam Bint Omer Al Qasimi and Shaikha Asma Taleb Al Qasimi along with riders from the UAE, France, Germany, Uruguay, US, Australia, Great Britain and Canada are among the 35-plus who have entered so far.

"We have brought in many changes and the 100-km CEI two-star FEI ride will be held at the Al Asayel Endurance Village (AAEV) in Sweihan, which has been spruced up for the three-round competition," said Salem Al Ketbi, President of the AAEV Organising Committee.

A new logo and enhanced prize money and a car for the overall winner of the three-round Dr. Shaikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Challenge was also announced at the press conference.

"The winner of Friday's round will get Dh30,000, the second-placed rider Dh25,000 and Dh15,000 for the third place. The owner of the Best Conditioned horse will get Dh10,000," said Lara Sawaya, Managing Director of Tasweeq.

Great pride

"This is of particular importance and we take great pride in being part of this endeavour," said Dr. Sulaiman Al Fahim, CEO of Hydra Properties in a message.

"Under the guidance of Dr. Shaikh Sultan, the Al Asayel Endurance Centre has evolved into another of the UAE's major venue with a focus on women riders.

"Sport is an integral part of all projects unveiled by Hydra Properties and we take it as our responsibility to support and help in the progress of UAE sportspersons to reach international levels," he said.

Friday's 100-km ride will get off to a mass start at 6.30am and the ride will be run in four loops of 30, 30, 24 and 16kms.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 1/15/2008 07:12:00 PM