Re: [RC] lawsuit - Susan

I agree with you Beth...and I wasn't disagreeing earlier.  I'm agreeing with Lauren's original post.  In every case, do what is right based on the facts.

Beth Walker <bwalker2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Truman. This is what I was trying to say earlier. Just
bringing a suit should not be grounds for being banned.

In this *particular* case, from what I have read (Susan Young), there
was enough other evidence that would support the RMs decision to ban
the rider from future rides. I also agree with Sandy, that the
decision of a court may or may not have anything to do with justice.
And in this particular case, based on what I read, the RMs got
together and decided that this persons past actions provided enough
grounds to ban them from future rides. Good enough.

I agree with Truman, that each case needs to be decided on its
merits, within the context of AERC. If that is a meeting of the
regional board, or the various RMs in the region, that is fine. It
is possible that a situation could arise where a rider would have a
legitimate reason for bringing suit. In such cases, the rider
shouldn't be banned from rides "just because he brought suit".