RE: [RC] rider option - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

>I'm not sure if that is completely true - at a ride this
>last fall, a rider came into the final vet check, (I was
>volunteering) I heard the rider was pulling, Rider Option,
>rider asked vet if he'd like to see the horse, brought
>horse up and I watched it limp to the vet, 3-legged lame.
>The ride results on AERC state Lameness/Rider Option. The
>horse was definitely NOT fit to continue.

With all due respect to the vet that was there, the correct code should have been Lame, not RO-L.  The Vet Committee is working hard to try and clarify the pull codes among the AERC ride vets to avoid this kind of honest mistake.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM