RE: [RC] rider option - Lori Bertolucci

Lori Bertolucci <loribertolucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:06:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Lori Bertolucci <loribertolucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] rider option
To: Kristen A Fisher <kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My RO's were for a lameness I felt coming on, and scratches that were getting worse by the minute...
The vet with the lameness issue, couldn't see it, but I could feel it. By the time we got back to camp, via trailer, he was dead lame...and I was very glad I pulled...
It was my horses first 50, and we only had 12 miles to go, but it wasn't worth it to risk further injury...

Kristen A Fisher <kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My understanding is that anyone wishing to take a rider option must have their horse pass a vet check before they can RO. It does affect pull code because if the horse is not fit to continue, it?s a vet pull. If it is FTC, it can be a RO.

Anyone trying to hide metabolic distress as described below with a RO is not a very prudent person IMO.
Kristen