RE: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.5654 - Natalie Herman

<<<Yes,  I've heard that Bey Shah throws club feet, but I think the problem is that they are usually pretty big leggy horses
         and will graze with the  split leg stance.>>>

Here is a question I have...I have heard this so many times (about split leg stance and H/L and Club feet)...has there been an actual vet study done to prove (or disprove) that grazing that way has ANY effect on the feet at all (ie: not that the horse just gets a club anyway, and it happens to be a split grazer)? Would it depend if the horse always had the SAME foot forward or not, or does it matter at all? After all, foals ALL have to short a neck (and foals are the ones still growing and forming legs, not adult horses, though the lower leg/foot (fetlock and below) finish fairly fast) and you don't see every single foal getting H/L or clubbed....
Just curious if this is a "fact" or a "myth"
   Nat
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.... 'Wow! What a ride!' "

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix" Check it out.