RE: [RC] Safe??? - jamie ward

I always love it when folk's put their kid's up on the huge "bomb proof" horses no helmet or, just let their kid's run  around/in between horses and when asked about it they go  my "fluffy" has never spooked/kicked my response to that is "YET". Or when asked by parent's if our horses are safe (kick,etc)  I  tell them "I trust my horse completely..... to be a horse" It is my Job to insure my safety not the horses because they can be unpredictable.
Jamie

Ranelle Rubin <raneller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Kat,

You are so very right...even the "quietest" horse still has a stronger sense of self-preservation than a loyalty to our safety. Period. And, of course, it can change in a nano-second, all going south.

This sport is not safe..and anyone who assumes it is, has been fooled into thinking so. Fellow spooked at a generator along the only *&% fence in the whole damn desert last year AT 45 MILES. I went flying..desert dart in an instant! Totally unexpected. Luckily all that was injured was the fat on my hip, and my pride..got back up (with a little help) and finished 10th. That was the Washoe Ride..and evidently several folks had problems along that fence line. This year we will ride that fence line a few times the day before as it only a mile or so from camp.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx