Re: [RC] bringing suit - Kat - Truman Prevatt

In reality I suspect any contract that coerced an individual to wave his right to seek legal redress (which might include a lawsuit) would be considered null and void in most states. I would also suspect the AERC BOD would have an issue with a varying fee structure based on arbitrary and capricious decisions of a ride manager.

In reality the AERC is an organization of riders. Rides are independent of the AERC. A ridemanager can choose to seek AERC sanctioning if they feel it will benefit them or if the want to provide AERC members with a sanctioned ride. They do not have to and we have had non-sanctioned rides in FL that did quite well.

I would hope the AERC BOD would take a hard look if there were a vigilante effort arose with the sole purpose to "punish" a particular individual that was a member in good standing of the AERC. There is a right way and a wrong way to pursue grievances against a rider's actions. The right way is to document the actions of the individual and file a protest with the AERC. If a rider was denied entry by a ride manager based on hearsay for other ride managers, they IMO he/she has a prefect right and should to file a protest.

Truman

Spottedracer@xxxxxx wrote:

Just my opinion... Since there are laws against this type of retribution by employers/government agencies and those who bring suit against them...So the legal system and the public consider this to be a morally wrong practice.

- LP

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil