[RC] wide behind - Tx Trigger

When we went to look at the current endurance horse to purchase him, he was not broke to ride, so all we could do was chase him around, and watch him move. As he trotted away, he traveled really wide, with that huge push from the hind quarters. Hubby and I looked at each other, and both said "sold". After having horses who travel way too close, whack themselves etc., it was nice to have a horse that was not close behind, and had such a drive from the hind end.  He has never felt heavy on the front end, but kats comments are interesting to consider. He has his normal go down the trot, where he is just plain wide, and he has his BIG trot, with a huge push,  and the hind end and goes super wide. Also, I noticed that while he is built with some substance for an Arab, and a good chest, he travels a bit closer in the front than I'd have imagined. Thus, he has learned to do this to keep from stepping on himself I'd assume. Although I have never had any issues with over reaching, forging, or interfering with him.  kat has made me want to go video tape him trotting out from the side, front, and behind, and really watch what he does in slow motion. But, the bottom line is, he travels well for what I ask him to do, does not hit himself, and feels balanced to "me".

Jonni