Re: [RC] [RC] Poultice/ice - Sharon Levasseur

Apparently I'm not the only one who was told to use saran wrap... I'm pretty sure that's the same as the 'cellophane' that D'arcy uses. But don't worry, I was already convinced just from that one experience that I'm never going to do it again!
-Sharon L.

Quoting Lynne Glazer <lynne@xxxxxxxxxx>:

OMG, don't put saran wrap over poultice!  That would be *sweating* the
leg.  One puts a wrap of brown paper bag over poultice, the idea is to
get the leg dry and tight, then standing bandages.  Do get some
instruction on the proper way to apply standing bandages--track
bandages over no-bow foam, or quilts, it's not hard there's just a few
things to watch out for in terms of tightness, overlap of wrap, which
direction, when you pull and when you don't.

Posted to RC in the hope that other people get it.  You don't need
fancy wraps.  Ice is the best anti-inflammatory, anyhow, and I'm
certainly glad it's "legal".

Lynne
who usually doesn't wrap

<http://www.photo.lynnesite.com>