[RC] Confirmation- reply to Tuni - Laura Hayes

I will give this a shot.  First, this is an awkward age to judge - many horses look like a string of suckers between one and two years or more, and she is no exception.  I would have preferred to see a pic of her squared up and from the front and back.  It is impossible to see if she may have offset canons, which is a HUGE problem in the modern arab or arabx.  That would make or break a deal for me on this horse.  I don't mind some deviation out or in of the toes if the canons, knees, and pasterns line up.  Judge this by running a string (or imaginary line) down the middle of the forearm from the front.  The line should bisect the knee joint and follow the middle of the canon bone straight into the pastern.

That said, she is a good looking horse.  I love the length of leg, but she also has a length of back to go with it---hard to say if she will even that all out as she matures, but a little bit of a long back never bothers me if it ties in well at the hip - time will tell.

I am not fond of her shoulder--it is short and steep, not laid back as preferred, but that would mainly cause a rougher ride than a long shoulder - if you don't care, it wouldn't matter.  I see allot of high mileage horses with steep shoulders and shorter strides - not text book ideal, but not really something that will cause a mechanical problem later.

A video of her moving would also be helpful if I were buying this horse off the pictures (which I have done).

Depending on the price, and if her knees and canons were straight, I would most likely take a chance on this filly.

Good luck.

Laura Hayes
AERC#2741