Re: [RC] [RC] OLD HORSES - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Gray-haireds???  LOL!  This is way too funny.  I am 58 and don't have a gray hair on my head.  And I don't take pain killers (other than aspirin and tylenol) and boy do I ever feel pain (arthritis from fractured pelvic, broken sternum, broken knee caps, broken arm - only the fractured pelvic was a horse accident the rest car and skiing accidents).  However, not any more than I did at 25.  What I do have problems with are weight related issues!  Hopefully now that my thyroid meds are in control...me and my 23 year old Cejlon will once again enjoy long rides in the mountains (his favorite thing to do EVER).  Then we will see just how old Cejlon and I really are!  Because when I am up on him.  I feel like I am 13 again, at my parent's farm, jumping on horses (no tack or protective equipment at all),  out in the back 200 acres, out of site of my parent's eyes, and racing my sister across the pastures, up the hills, and back down again!  And yes, this is why dressage is such a GREAT foundation for a kid!  So, yeah, David LeBlanc, there is probably a little bit of crazy in all of us!  And, Judy, to answer your why?  Same thing because we are all a little bit crazy.  However, I have not met a horse yet that doesn't like to take a hill as fast as it can at any age!  And what about that 37 year old with almost 40K miles under his legs!  :)

D'Arcy