[RC] 25 to 50's - Ranelle Rubin

David said,
"Next 25, ask yourself - if I rested for an hour, could I get back on
and ride another 2-3 hours?"

Well said David!

When I started endurance, 25's were not around much if at all. I don't remember when they started, but the folks who got me into endurance had a shelf full of Tevis buckles, and then I got picked up to condition horses by Hal and Ann Hall..so it was always 50's with the "someday" dream of doing Tevis. I think a lot of the limitations folks put on themselves are not necessary. Even my friend Lynelle, who wanted to do the 50 on her first ride, and wisely listened to me to do a 25 first, can't wait to do a 50 now. I just knew that particular 50 was a tough one, and at 58 she really NEEDED to succeed! I was 30 when I did my first ride, a 50 and I was surprised how quick it was over. I think if folks would spend more time getting their horse ready so it is easy for the horse, they would find 50's are actually pretty easy...

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx

530-885-3510 home office
916-718-2427 cellular
916-848-3662 fax
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne