Re: [RC] The Real Reason - John Teeter

On Jul 9, 2008, at 7:50 AM, donna asher wrote:

?I think there are plenty of room for all of us on the trail.?

ah, now that might be the REAL issue.?

Steph, at the Owyhee rides, ?tries (though not always successfully), to make sure the different distances either a) all start the same time on the same trails or b) are not going to run into each other on the trails or the vet checks. b) is the?preferred?strategy for 25/30 and the ?other distances, while a) seems to work well for the 50/75/100s. (and yes, the 100 milers were the first to finish the 50 mile loop when they all shared the trail at the same time:)

So there needs to be plenty of room on the trail, plenty of capacity at the vet checks, and enough small/med t-shirts for all (steph actually male and female t-shirts last time:). ?And I think the 25/30 milers even LIKE the 11am start time. They get to help at the first vet checks for the longer distances if they care to:)

jt
(but I have, as a tail end kind of rider, gotten of my horse - and the trail - to let the 25s go dashing by on the first loop. An hour lead just wasn't enough for pokey me:)