Re: [RC] Ride Cards - Lori Bertolucci

Marci, don't forget dinner!!  Don wants dinner, too!  lol

Lori

"Cunningham, Marci" <mcunningham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is where regional differences may come into play.  Angie says she likes to calculate loop ride times to see if she is faster or slower and also check to see if she wastes time in vet checks.  Out here in California we seldom if ever repeat loops and I have never ridden a 4 loop 50 in over 25 years of endurance riding.  Most 50 mile rides are 1 loop or 2 different loops so it would be hard to compare times or speed since the trail is not the same.  One ride I go to often is 3 separate loops, each a different distance, but that is the only one I can think of.  Kim Fuess wrote a great article about negative splits a while back and it was very informative but I obviously didn?t learn anything from it.  The only splits I like are the ones with bananas and ice cream in them.  J  For me calculating ride time lost in vet checks would be very demoralizing so I would rather not know this info or the speed I am riding.  Don Huston recently made me realize that we need to get our priorities in order and get the most for our money and that means spending as much time on the trail as possible. J  Chill out everyone and have a great day!

Marci