[RC] Tevis - Tx Trigger

>>>I was wondering why the Tevis only has 135 entries this year. Don,t they
usually have  about 250 and a waiting list? Maybe it,s the price of
gas????<<<

I had predicted months ago, the ride this year will only start about 150 to
160 riders. And, that it would be mostly a CA rider field. Very few are
driving any distance to attend this year. Yes, price of fuel is on the top
of the list.  Also, on the same day is the Bighorn 100, Vermont 100, and the
Bandit Springs 100. Some who love 100's, may be going to rides closer to
home.

Tevis is going to be short in volunteers this year also. Many used to drive
some distance to come volunteer, where fuel is having many realize that is
just too expensive. So if you can come volunteer, go to the website, and
sign up. Hopefully the proportion of fewer riders will have the fewer
numbers of volunteers balance out OK, but that rides just needs a LOT of
folks to put it on for smooth running. Oh, I know Jackie was still looking
for volunteers for the Webcast. If you have a Laptop, and can turn the darn
thing on, they may be able to use you!

Jonni (thanks to frequent flyer miles, I'll be out from TX to volunteer)