[RC] The LD thing - ronbarbara@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think what is really interesting in reading ride results over the years of LD rides is the number of asterisks * after horses' names.  If I am not mistaken, I believe this indicates that these horses do not have an AERC # and are not entered in a mileage program.    One year at our ride, 33% of horses in the 25 miler did not have an AERC #.    Does this mean that their owners/riders do not care about record keeping for their individual horses?  Are they "trying out" the horse 1st to see if they wish to invest another few $ ?   If one does not wish to have their horse's mileage recorded (and support AERC by paying a small fee)  who is being treated as a second class citizen?  In my opinion, it's the horse - yet this period "wave" of "I want more recognition/awards" occurs.

AERC had it right with the intent of Limited Distance years ago.

Barbara Sanches
AERC #2273

EarthLink Revolves Around You.