Re: [RC] Cronin Ranch - Sheila_Larsen

Have you run into motorcycles at Cronin?  I hope not.  I hope you didn't
think that I don't agree with you about the rafters because I do although I
respect the picnic areas. I will say that I do like to have a place where I
can go and have my dog off leash as I can't do that at Cool anymore.  I
haven't run into packs of dogs, unless it is a pack of 2.  and the only
agressive dogs Ihave run into there are the ones on least (I think they
feel safe because they are still attached to their owners :  ) .  I too
have complained about the rafting vans going too quickly on the road and
scaring my horse and running over wildlife.  Poor little toad didn't have a
chance, ok I am partial to toads.  All the hunters I have run into there
have been very very polite.

I agree that we all need to live together and that we need to come up with
an equitable solution to this issue.  Again, I hope you don't think I was
dismissing your concerns because I agree  with your concerns and even
though we have had different experiences with the users out there I agree
we need to remain vigilient.
Thanks,
Sheila

Horses lend us the wings we lack.  Author Unknown

            Lynelle Robertson
            <purplehorsebarn@
            yahoo.com>                                                 To
                                      ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
            07/01/2008 09:17          Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx

                                                                  Subject
            Please respond to         Re: [RC]   Cronin Ranch
            purplehorsebarn@y
                ahoo.com

I agree that we all need to stay on the well traveled marked tails for the
reasons you mention. I do carry water in a tank in my trailer but it would
have been nice to let her drink. My whole point to the email is why do we
have to settle for this when the rafters demand exclusive usage. I had
several phone conversations with Jeff about people's packs of dogs running
off leash plus the bow hunters and the cars and motorcycles trying to run
us down while riding. He told me "It is BLM land and I can't restrict the
dogs or hunters plus the vans that the rafters use are necessary to get
supplies down to the river". Ok, why do they have to speed and not give
right of way to riders?  Then why must we be restricted? Is this not a
double standard. I believe there is more going on behind the scenes. I
lived all my life in the bay area and rode Mt Diablo for over 2 decades
and watched the government and environmentalist eminent domain the cattle
ranch's 2000 acres reduced to 150 when it was willed specifically to
continue as a cattle ranch for future generations of children to see and
use. We were told at the meetings that the cattle and horses were eroding
the ground. So what do they do instead of letting the cattle grazed down
the weeds and brush they bring herbicide spray in and set  small back
fires that got away from them and almost burned the mountain down. That is
how I know that there is more to this and we have to stand firm. Sorry to
go on so but it p.... me off again. I am just tired of the government
telling me what I can and can't do. Isn't anyone else mad to?