[RC] 2 New Decade Team Interviews - Dream Weaver

There are now two new Decade Team interviews added on the AERC site.

http://aerc.org/long_jonathanb.asp PS Region. Jonathan Bowman and Heigh Ho (AKA Kitt), 3,105 miles together in 10 years

http://aerc.org/long_maryf.asp NW Region. Mary Forrester and Copper Breeze, 6,245 miles together in 10 years

You may also access the Decade Teams at the following links:

http://aerc.org/new_decade_teams.asp Years 2006-2007-2008 http://aerc.org/long_table_list.asp Years 2003-2008

It will get organized more in the coming weeks. We have already received back quite a few more interviews so will keep adding them.

The Decade Teams were done to recognize those riders and horses that have had a lengthy career together. It's meant to be fun and educational while at the some time giving people a goal to reach that is realistic for most endurance riders regardless of their style or amount of riding. Many of the riders on these lists are fairly anonymous because they often aren't the ones who are regularly placing in their regions point standings, or in the national standings. It's a great way to learn more about the regular riders in our sport who are out there year after year being a team with their horse. There are many that I have met simply because of the Decade Teams, even riders in my own region that after more than a decade of riding I have never met at a ride. So take some time especially if you are fairly new to the sport and read some of the interviews at the above link. There is no actual award for reaching this milestone at the moment. The reward consists solely of the satisfaction that each person gets for reaching a goal that they wanted to aspire to, something that isn't easy and requires some planning and thinking about your horses longevity. Most endurance horses don't have careers this long. I feel that for many of us the appeal of this sport is the close bond that we each form with our horses and think it is important to recognize those that also believe in the one on one horse-rider relationship. Please take the time to congratulate your friends or riders you know who are Decade Team members -- rather than complain about the concept of this award, for whatever reason. Karen