Re: [RC] does this rump rug exist? - Katrina Mosshammer

We'll Perle didn't feel like modeling the fly sheet last night (something about her mane being messy and dirty and she needed a bath...you know how girls can be Open-mouthed smile emoticon) so Deke had to be the bigger man and don the "skirt" to help mom out. You can see Perle in one of the pictures supervising from the pasture Winking smile emoticon. The mesh we used is a cloth fabric type mesh as opposed to a plastic screen type mesh. http://msnmenduranceride.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!197AE0D438D5B3E7!416/

Katrina

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] does this rump rug exist?

Hi Cindy,

We've made our own fly rump sheets out of a mesh netting, the same stuff we made our sponge bags out of, and have been using them for several years. In fact the first year we put on the Mid-Summer Night's Madness Ride we gave those as awards for first in division. I joke that its Perle's skirt when someone asks what it is. I've also found that on those really hot days when I'm sponging her off I will also put water on it and helps keep her cool as we're moving. I'll take a picture tonight and send it to you.

Katrina M.

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:07 PM
Subject: [RC] does this rump rug exist?

Last night as my horse was doing the bucking/cantering horsefly dance down the trail, and i was trying the nifty position of keeping one hand on the reins while constantly sweeping her butt with my crop to chase off the horseflies, i thought there had to be a better way :).

So I wondered if there was any product on the market like a rumprug but made out of a fly sheet type material to keep flies off teh butt?  If so, has anyone tried it out and have any opinions?

Of course any suggestion on fly spay will be welcome, but i've tried several varieties and they have only worked marginally for me.

thanks!
cindy