Re: [RC] [RC] LD, 50, 100 - Angie Fura

My best ride ever was the 85 miles we did of the Goethe 100 in December 2007.  It sucked to RO on the last loop, but it was the right decision.  We were healthy and sound, just tired (the tornado warnings kind of influenced our decision too).  Even though we didn't finish, I learned that our tack works, I need a better bra, our feed program works, I can consistently switch diagonals and leads even when tired, and our elyte program needs a little boost.

I also made a note to bring along my Ipod with me next time to help get through the 65-75 mile doldrums (sp?).    Any one have any song suggestions?  I need some new ones.  I've worn Orange Crush (REM) and Welcome to the Jungle (GNR) out!

When I attempt the next 100 (BSF in September), I'll have lots more experience to draw from.  I mailed the entry yesterday.  I can't wait!!!

Angie Fura

www.tracetribute.com

And honestly, if you try a 100 and make it 70 or 80 miles and decide it's too much for your horse, you haven't failed, you've learned something about your horse and his level of conditioning...and you know what you need to work on for your next attempt!  Or if you pull because your tack rubbed you raw at 80 miles, then again, you learned something...what works for a 50 ain't gonna work for a 100, so you fix
Dawn Carrie