From: Christina McCarthy <christina_mccarthy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] Scratches
To: "Karen Everhart" <rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx>, "Drin Becker" <jkn3444@xxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 7:40 AM

these are concoctions I have used successfully:

First washing his legs with sheath cleaner and letting it sit on his legs for 5 minutes.  It loosens up the scabs so I can gently rub them off without having to pick them off and risk getting kicked in the head.  After I dry his legs well I apply a concoction that someone in my barn had read about. It contains triple antibiotic cream, athletes foot cream, hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel.

You can also use the triple antibiotic cream, baby bottom cream, mineral oil, athletes foot cream and hydrocortisone cream.

Both last a long time...I empted out a shampoo bottle so I can squeeze it out..

Best Regards,
Christina D McCarthy

American Riding Instructors Association
ARICP Certified, Level II Distance & Pleasure Riding

If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong.  ~Pat Parelli