Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.5986 - Chipnml

In a message dated 6/23/2008 12:35:00 P.M. Central Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What about all of us LD-ers
> that aren't able to do 50's for one reason or another?  (time
> constraints, mostly).  :(
You've hit the nail on the head.  Not everyone CAN do 50's....for various reasons.  Doing 50's and 100's consistantly take a lot of committment.  If a rider/horse team can do that for 10 years, they deserve an award!  I missed it with Cheers because he blew a tendon and I took over 2 years to bring him back, meaning we didn't do 50's for 2 years.  So even though he was my "main man" for 14 years...no decade award for us.  I'm not complaining, I was just happy he came back from a bad injury sound and strong, and stayed that way for many more years until arthritis forced him into retirement.