[RC] [Consider This] Endurance riders told to clean up their act - rides2far

Sorry guys,
I just popped off that response to this announcement on my way out the door to the GERA Classic or I would have responded quickly to quell any thoughts that I feared AERC would follow. Personally, I think the police will arrest you for indecent exposure before AERC will complain about your attire, so relax! :-)

Anyway, back to the point. FEI *already* requires collared shirts, conservative tights/socks, etc. Crews *already* wear uniforms and match. Take a look at any photo from the championships. Why do you think we go? It's the cool matching jackets! :-)  So...my big question is what are their *new* plans to smarten up the image? Anyone know? I heard the following news story on the radio not long before this announcement came out on Endurance.net and immediately wondered if there was a connection. Also, I was being  sarcastic, but I am serious about the sheiks in robes at awards. Is that appropriate if we are standardizing the look? Does that not open the door to Swedes in shorts & suspenders? Americans in Cowboy gear?
Angie

New Dress Code, Same Classic Style at Royal Ascot Races

 Since it was founded by Queen Anne in 1711, the annual Royal Ascot races have become the highlight of the English social season. Ostensibly a five-day sporting event, it's also evolved into something of an immense fashion show, marked by the arrival of the Royal Family in ceremonial horse-drawn carriages every day. It has become the style for ladies to sport increasingly outrageous hats, and lately the traditional rules about "formal day dress" in the coveted Royal Enclosure have been rather loosely interpreted, much to the Queen's dismay.

This year officials have cracked down, declaring that "Off the shoulder, halter neck, spaghetti straps and dresses with a strap of less than one inch and/or miniskirts are considered unsuitable," while "Midriffs must be covered and trouser suits must be full length and of matching material and color." Those not in compliance will be asked to leave the Royal Enclosure. Gentlemen have always been required to wear full morning dress with top hats. Lest all the pageantry detract from the business at hand, it's worth noting that prize money at this year's event, which runs through Saturday, has reached an unprecedented $7.8 million.

Beauty Product Reviews
Read Unbiased Beauty Product Reviews and Join Our Product Review Team!