[RC] getting horses to drink - Chipnml

I have a similar problem getting my horse to drink sometimes.  A very experienced rider told me to put A LOT of molasses in the water.  I generally fill one of those little 2 gallon buckets with water, and put enough molasses into it to make it opaque, stirring it really well.  The first time I offered it to my horse, he stuck his tongue in it as though to lick it, then drank it down.  I know some people get worried about a "sugar high", but it's never seemed to affect him.  He does drink well most of the time, but I still go back to the molasses water when he's being finicky.