[RC] Endurance riders told to clean up their act - sherman

I hadn’t really thought about that, but you’re so right. Riding styles are different in other countries and those different styles of riding have worked for them for many hundreds of years. Why would/should any committee decide that some styles of riding are incorrect?

Kathy

Sharon wrote:

I'm surprised most of the comments seem to think that the "equitation" push is a good idea even if the dress code isn't.   Who the heck is going to decide what the "right" riding style is?  Western Pleasure?  2-point a la eventers?  The Middle Eastern lean-back seat?  One thing I really like about endurance is that the only thing that's rewarded is what WORKS.  I say if your particular steed goes faster and more efficiently if you ride facing the tail, and you can qualify to do a FEI 100-miler that way, go for it  :)