[RC] hoof armor/safety aspects - Kathie Ford

In regards to the hoof armor (and boots too) there is also a good issue being fire safe.  A barefoot hoof, a hoof w/hoof armor or boots cannot spark fires in grassy areas.

Something to actually consider now not only with it being summer but because so many areas are so unusually dry and fire danger high.

I have seen sparks off shoes from riders in front of me and my own horse when I was just hand walking her up the road at dusk a few times.

So that's an extra plus.

Also, someone posted and mentioned it was pricey. I don't thing so at all.  With one tube I can do for hoofs on two and a half horses. So you have to figure shoeing same at a hundred dollars plus now each.  A tube of hoof armor (refill) is only 39.00. I think thats very reasonable.

Only costly when you first sent for the whole kit, and need a heat gun etc. However even a heat gun is not much and a good investment.  We got one for $39.00 and it as works w/the stall flooring my husband had done. Thus having a dual purpose!

kathie

Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More