[RC] Old Dominion Race - A BIG THANKS TO BOB SUPPINGER - cecile.neuvens

After a wonderful Saturday morning and night of drag riding at the Old Dominion
ride behind the 100 milers, I made it back home safely yesterday thanks to Bob
Suppinger who helped me in what has probably been the scariest experience of my
life as a novice trailer and pick-up driver.

I left base camp early afternoon and made it to I-81 North when a car passing
me by signaled me that I had an issue with my trailer. I started smelling
rubber... and pulled on a narrow emergency lane with the very heavy traffic
passing by at full speed to discover that the first wheel on the right side of
my trailer was completely slashed.  I was in the process of calling USA Rider
(which directed me to call 911) when a car pulled in the emergency lane in
front of me and .... Bob came out.

Bob had crewed on the 55 miles on Saturday for Judie Ricci and as involved as
he is helping his wife Becky and daughter Jennifer enjoying this great sport,
not to mention giving a hand to anyone who needs one around, he is plenty busy.
And he was probably as tired as everybody else and glad to go home.  And
still... he stopped, assessed the situation very quickly and efficiently
changed my tire.  I was so tired, helpless and worried about my horse's
reaction when all these big trucks were passing by... I could not believe my
luck to have Bob next to me.  It was such a relief to see him take charge of
the situation.

There are no words to thanks Bob enough for what he has done yesterday for me,
out of the goodness of his heart. I will be forever grateful.  Looking at how
narrow the emergency lane was and how dangerous the whole situation was, I can
say that Bob risked his life yesterday to help me and my horse and he pulled us
out of this dangerous situation in no time.

I knew he was dedicated to the sport and an extremely nice man. I just did not
know until yesterday he was also Superman !

THANKS BOB! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Cecile