RE: [RC] fire in Paradise/Oroville area? - Eric Drew

Fire Map http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/pub/cdf/images/incidentfile272_530.pdf

Humboldt Fire

Humboldt Fire Incident Information:
Last Updated: June 12, 2008 8:15 pm
Date/Time Started: June 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE/Butte County Fire
County: Butte County
Location: Hwy 32 & Humboldt Rd on Stillson Canyon
Acres Burned: 19,000 acres
Containment 10% contained - 19,000 acres
Structures Destroyed: 10 residences have been destroyed.
Threatened: More than 5,000 structures are still threatened.
Evacuations: Evacuations of all residents in the area of Communities of areas of Paradise, Butte Valley and Butte Creek Canyon.
Injuries: 4
Cause: Under Investigation
Cooperating Agencies: Butte County, Butte County Sherrifs Office, California Highway Patrol, US Forest Service, El Medio Fire, Oroville Fire, and Chico Fire
Total Fire Personnel: 1,354 (748 CAL FIRE)
Fire crews: 31 CAL FIRE
Engines: 78 (29 CAL FIRE)
Airtankers: 4
Helicopters: 4
Dozers: 14 (12 CAL FIRE)
Water tenders: 14
Conditions: Fire is currently burning with extreme rate of spread in light and heavy fuels. Evacuations are currently in progress.

An evacuation center has been established at the Neighborhood Church at 2801 Notre Dame Blvd. in Chico.

Small animals can be taken to the Search & Rescue building on the Morrow Ln. Large animals to Chico State Farm 311 Nicholes C Schouten Ln cross of Hagen Ln. (public # until 5 is 898-6343, after 518-9497).

Phone Numbers  (530) 538-7826 (Humboldt Fire Information Number)

Eric Drew