[RC] selenium - Jean Miller

My horses that are ridden in distance are always on a selenium vitamin e supplement.  The only way to know a horse's selenium level is to do a blood test.  It took me a year to get my mare's selenium level where it should be, around 180.  Then I could back off on the supplement but I needed to do the blood test for selenium to know exactly where she was.  I did do the shots to try to speed things up but my mare would cramp from them so I just stuck to the supplement.  I use 10X selenium vitamin E from Uckele.  Jeanie