[RC] Sunriver @ Mt Adams preparations - Darlene M. Anderson, LVT

The Sunriver @ Mt Adams Long Distance Challenge is coming along beautifully. Stephanie Irving has been working her tail end off to help make the trails as awesome as they were at the Pan Am a few years ago. I've had several questions about the trails, so thought I'd include this report from Steph Irving that I rec'd this morning:

"Trails look great. Cleared all but a mile of the red loop this weekend (and it’s fab)…and I’m adding a really nice, relativey easy loop (and just needs a few hours work) so that the 100 milers only have to repeat one of the loops rather than two. The 100s will have the first 3 checks up in the horse camp, and the last 4 checks in ride camp. The 75s will have first 3 up there and the last 2 down here.

Steph"

Ridecamp is at the King Ranch this year, just outside of beautiful Trout Lake, WA, at the foot of Mt. Adams. If you're planning to come in  earlier than Friday, please let us know so we can be expecting you! Directions are on the website, listed below. Contact info is also included on our website.

Paul Latiolais is bringing his Famous Gumbo, to be served on Friday night to all the riders and ride help. If you're not a rider and still want to enjoy Paul's Famous Gumbo, the cost will be $5/person. Leftovers will be available to riders during the supper hour at one of their later holds in camp. Paul will have red and white wine to serve with dinner on Friday as well. I can't wait! **If you're wanting something vegetarian, non-alcoholic, etc, you should probably contact Paul(latiolp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) asap to see if he's willing/able to accomodate and how much it will cost.

The Awesome Raiders will be serving coffee and pastries at the outchecks on the morning of the ride. Paul L. has asked them to serve coffee for the late riders as well. We'll see how that goes over! There will be a contingent of Bad Girls up there helping out as well.

Today is the cutoff for pre-entries, so if you intend to ride the Sunriver @ Mt Adams Ride, please email Karen Leiman (ndrnce@xxxxxxxxx) asap and let her know your intentions.

A farrier will be on site to help out with any shoeing emergencies, before or during the ride.

I think that about covers things, if I've missed something, please don't hesitate to get in touch with either Steph or myself.

Darlene Anderson

The Sunriver Ride @ Mt Adams is coming up! Mark June 21st on your ride calendar! You can keep up w/our preparations and see our blog at: http://www.geocities.com/sunriverride/.