[RC] Goethe Ride to add 75 mie and FEI division - enduroride

Goethe Endurance Ride to add 75 mile ride and FEI division
   The Goethe Endurance Challenge will be adding a 75 mile distance to our 25/50/100 mile ride which is to be held on December 20, 2008 in Morriston, Florida.
    This year it will be an elevator ride, so if you enter the 25 and decide at the end of that you want to go farther you may elevate to the 50 mile ride for a completion or if you are entered in the 50 you can decide at the end of it to move on up to the 75 for a completion only, or if you are entered in the 75 you can make the decision when you are finished with that distance, to move on up to the 100 for a completion only.  If you enter a lower distance and decide to elevate up for a completion only in the higher distance, we will not charge any more fees than the fees you paid to enter your original distance, this may encourage you to take the leap if you and your horse are still looking good and fit to continue at the end of your intended distance. But you must remember you will only receive completion points for the overall points and weight division points.
      We are trying to keep the cost down in our open AERC rides and believe we have never raised our entry fee for the 100 mile ride since we started hosting the ride, which is still a bargain at $100.00.
      As a favor to riders who are aspiring to ride in the 2010 World Championship in Kentucky, we will also be offering the FEI division in the 75 and 100 mile distances for 2008 and 2009. The open AERC riders will have the same ride format that they have grown accustomed to in our past rides, nothing different for them, and the 75/100 mile FEI will have a few added regulations that they must follow. FEI division riders should make themselves aware of the rules before entering an FEI ride. We have the same Vets that we have used in the past rides, Doug Shearer DVM, Anne Christopherson DVM, Julia Simonson DVM and Michael Porter DVM and of course the same timer, Nancy Gooch.
  Most international  riders are aware that the FEI has been working on a new proposal. This proposal will require riders and horses to first enter FEI 56 mile rides and move up to FEI 100's through a ladder system. This may be your chance to slip under the wire and get your horse and your self grandfathered in so you won't have to go jump through all these extra hoops and $$. We are even hoping that by entering our 75 mile ride it may keep you from going back to do the lower FEI distances. We will know more on this soon. You will need to get your horse pass-ported, so get to work on that now. The FEI entrants will have higher fees in order to pay for the  USEF/FEI fees and extra personnel required by FEI. We hope you will put this ride on your calendar, it will make you a great Christmas present!
Connie Caudill/Helen Koehler ride managers