[RC] ERU - nebar

Hi

We a have questions for anyone who has a horse with ERU.
Our gelding is a pinto 1/2 Arab 17yrs old.
He was diagnosed with autoimmune ERU.
His right eye has a cataract and the left eye is inflamed.  We were treating with banamine paste for 10 days until we could get him into an ophthalmologist.   His eyes looked bright and clear but there is still inflammation deep inside.
The ophthalmologist is recommending cyclosporine implants because he would be a good candidate.
The gelding has  high pain tolerance therefore his flare up is invisible to us until it is too late.  He shows no signs of squinting, tearing or sensitive to light.

My question is about the implants and if anyone has used them or is there a better way to take care of him?

We have been online and we are just swimming yes and no's as to the implants.

He is to have the implants June 17th if the inflammation is completely gone.

Happy trails &
Thanks to all

Barbara

My horse isn't so much a luxury