[RC] Bishop Bipartisan Wilderness Bill-IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Ranelle Rubin

Dear Trail enthusiasts,

I forwarded the post from Jerry Fruth onto a GF in Lake Tahoe who is an avid trail enthusiast, trail preservationist, trail builder, not to mention good training partner for her opinion. Here is what she said..it bears reading:

"I hope you are not supporting this 'wilderness bill':  http://www.inyoregister.com/content/view/100848/1/

Anti-access groups are beating the wilderness stuff to death. They propose it as a solution to preserving the land for future generations; when in actuality, they are preventing any of us from ever seeing, using, or enjoying this beautiful land of ours.

We have been working a long time with local access groups to keep OUR lands open and accessible; and to have a sweeping wilderness bill like this  -- from the Sierra to lowlands included in one proclamation of anti-access is an affront to all the hard work that we do to try to keep trails and access open for the enjoyment of future generations!

I wish people would really educate themselves to what the anti-access groups are actually doing in closing off our lands. Right now, in Nevada, the locals are fighting back hard with the anti-access people who don't even live there, to keep them from closing off huge areas of the desert that are historic ranching, mining, hiking, 4-wheeling & camping areas. These are people who have never even been to these areas -- as opposed to those who have lived their entire lives here and have an affinity for the land. These people are not harming or degrading the land in any way. The wild horses still roam free. Come and see for yourself -- before it's all closed off!

Instead of supporting wide-reaching wilderness bills; educate yourselves on the local issues in your neighborhoods and ask yourself how you will feel when your favorite trails are closed permanently. It happens every day.

Look into the Blue Ribbon Coalition. We are active members.
http://www.sharetrails.org/

We have been working directly with the BLM in keeping the Pinenut Mountains open for recreation. We worked hand-in-hand with El Dorado County while they were devising their Forest Plan. Perhaps if more people had been active, not as many roads and trails would have been 'de-commissioned'. Now they are lost forever.

The public agencies close public access instead of 'managing' our lands. However, closing is not managing. They are more apt to close lands as a cheap, easy way of 'managing' these lands. Is this how you'd rather have your tax dollars spent?

If you think it's only motorized access they want to limit, the anti-access groups are already closing trails to Equestrians.  Unless you can shoulder a 40 pound pack and hike for miles and days, you will never see and experience these beautiful American lands of ours.

I promote responsible use and access for all.  Let's join together in preserving the land for the people, not from the people.

Go hug a tree -- but think about preserving it for future generations to also be able to hug... not just look at in a picture book.
Get active today! Don't wait for someone else!

Call or write your local representatives to voice your opinions.

~Deanne Del Vecchio
PS -- feel free to pass this on to everyone who enjoys getting out there!"

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx