[RC] Michaux Madness - barbkemerer1

The 5th annual Michaux Madness endurance ride was a success for all accounts and purposes. It was nothing out of the ordinary for endurance rides.  We lost two major trails in the three weeks before the ride. One to a 6 foot deer fence, courtesy of the logging company and one to our rainy spring weather (we're not complaining).  The weather was gorgeous, sunny low 70's, nice breezes, very low humidity. Vets, Nick Kohut, Art King, and Lynn Johnson helped riders take care of all of the horses. Low pull rates. Riders raved about the trails. One lost horse on Friday night, found hours later and miles away was relatively unscathed. Minor abrasions when he decided to flip over the fence that a property owner contained him in until we could get there. More volunteers than we needed, it was a party all day long. So much water on the trails, horses came in better hydrated than when they went out.  Two things in closing: it took 15 minutes to clean up 30 acres of campsites because riders left them cleaner than when they a rrived. Secondly, to all the volunteers who gave so selflessly, HOPE YOU GET TO RIDE NEXT TIME!!!
See you next year.
Barb and Skip Kemerer