Re: [RC] [RC] need help - riding a trotting horse - Beth Walker

Very good point - I used a dressage saddle for trail riding for years. ?My current saddle is an ASC Rubicon, and while I like it very much, it does put my feet a bit more forward than I like. ?Not enough to interfere with my posting, though.

The saddle, and the horse, can make posting easy to next to impossible. ?It is not always the rider. ?:) ?Some saddles put your feet too far out in front of you, and that makes posting very hard. ?

Try this: ?with your current saddle, try (at a halt or walk) two-pointing. ? If you find you keep falling back into the saddle, or if it is a real effort to get yourself over your feet, it could be the fault of the saddle. ?Try one which places the stirrups farther under your center of balance. ?