[RC] Before I die... - Maryanne Gabbani

I have had a marvelous life. I've grown up in California during the 50's and 60's when life there was good, and matured in Canada during the 70's and 80's learning that cold doesn't kill you. LOL  I had a fascinating 25 yr marriage to an amazing man, two truly wonderful, honest, intelligent, active children who are now in grad school at Harvard and NYU. I've experienced the ups and downs of being a corporate wife to someone whose funeral was attended by most of Hosny Mubarak's cabinet in honor of what he did to build Egypt's infrastructure, and the not-so-fun part of settling his estate. I finally am living on my own farm in a country where the sun shines almost every day and I can ride for hours, if not days, right out  of my front gate on any one of about 15 marvelous baladi Arab horses. What more can I want?

One day I want to ride at least one of my horses 100 miles. Some week I'd like to be able to ride at least one of my  horses 250 miles. Since we only have FEI rides here and I won't do that to my horses, I'm going to have to do it on my own. So Paddi, what do you think? Shall we try a slow 100 miles while you are here? Then all I have to hope for is the time when I can take some grandkids off my kids' hands and teach them to milk water buffalo, play with goats and dogs, and show them pyramids from the back of a horse and where you can find real mummy skulls in the desert.

--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face