[RC] Biltmore thanks - Karen Isaacs

Title: Biltmore thanks

As my horse, Shameless, was trotting down a hill on the first loop of the Biltmore 50 last Saturday, he tripped and fell on top of me.  As I reflect on the accident, many thoughts come to my mind.  First and foremost, I am thankful to God that Shameless and I were not seriously injured or worse. Secondly, I have to wonder if I did anything to contribute to the fall or could I have done something to prevent it, and I wonder if I should continue to ride him in competitions since this is not the first time he has gone down and ended up on top of me.  Thirdly, I marvel at how fast a good thing can turn to near tragedy.  And last, but not least, I amazed at how wonderful endurance riders are when it comes to helping each other out.  Many riders on the trail offered help and concern and many at the vet check area were most helpful in discerning the extent of injuries and also offering assistance and concern, and, of course, ride managers Cheryl and Stagg Newman were very helpful and concerned.  I am so proud of the wonderful people in this sport and my deep appreciation is extended to all who helped or were concerned.  My injuries should be healed soon and I hope to be back on the trail again.

Thomas Isaacs